Listen Up! Sivu "I Lost Myself"


Sivu's "I Lost Myself" is probably one of the more unique tracks I've heard in a very long time. It doesn't exactly fit in any particular box, I'm sure it broke multiple moulds during production, and still it lands gently and sounds exactly as I'm sure it was meant to - exquisite. If looking through a kaleidoscope has a soundtrack this is probably it.



Sivu will release a new single, ‘I Lost Myself’, on November 4 (Static Signal Records/Atlantic). The 24 year-old has also been confirmed to support London Grammar on their sold-out autumn tour, following festivals at the likes of Latitude and Festival Number 6 this summer, and radio plays across Huw Stephens, John Kennedy, Phil & Alice and Steve Lamacq.

2013 has seen Sivu cement a sound as idiosyncratic as his stage name (it’s his surname in Finnish): February’s ‘Better Man Than He’ and this summer’s ‘Bodies’ EP portrayed an immersive mix of introspective acoustics with glitchy electronics, as inspired by the lilting melodies of Frank Sinatra as the left-field pop of Beck. Sivu’s new single, ‘I Lost Myself’, goes even further. Simultaneously more up-tempo and also darker than any of his material to date, ‘I Lost Myself’ is driven by tribal beats, screeching strings and unsettling atmospherics (“Cause I gave myself into the wild / I’ve gone so far you’ll never find me now”). There may be just one of him, but its expansive sound casts Sivu as a broader prospect than the solitary singer-songwriter.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...